- 2006 Summer Release (UK)
- 2006 Winter Release (UK)
- 2006 Winter Release (Export)
- 2006 Summer Release (USA)
- 2006 Single Cask (Luvians)
- 2006 Single Cask (RMW)
- 2006 Single Cask (Europe)
- 2006 Single Cask (Taiwan)
- 2006 Single Cask (Berry Bros & Rudd)
- 2006 Single Cask 043/2006 (Ralfy X The Good Spirits Co.)
- 2006 Single Cask 035/2006 (The W Club)
- 2006 Single Cask 021/2006 (UK)
- 2006 15 Year Old Cask Strength
- 2009 Single Cask 029/2009 (UK)
- 2009 Single Cask (Berry Bros & Rudd)
- 2009 Single Cask 028/2009 (La Maison du Whisky)
- 2009 Summer Release (UK)
- 2009 Summer Release (Europe)
- 2009 Summer Release (Asia)
- 2009 Single Cask 046/2009 (UK)
- 2009 Single Cask 038/2009 (UK)
- 2009 Single Cask 031/2009 (Luvians @ The Fife Whisky Festival)
- 2009 Single Cask 024/2009 (Germany)
- 2009 Single Cask 040/2009 (Charles Hofer SA, Switzerland)
- 2009 Single Cask 025/2009 (Master of Malt)
Daftmill 2006 15 Year Old Cask Strength
|Title||Daftmill 2006 15 Year Old Cask Strength|
|Age||15 Years Old|
|Cask Type||1st fill Bourbon|
|Number of Bottles|
Harvested from the farm’s Dam Park and Curling Pond fields on the 31st August 2004, the Chariot barley was among the last to be malted in Fife by Robert Kilgour & Co. before they closed.
The twenty eight casks in this bottling are all first fill ex bourbon barrels distilled in 2006 and bottled in 2022 at natural cask strength.
Nose: there’s an immediate level of maturity present here. Typical Daftmill characteristics of grassy sweetness and orchard fruits have concentrated down into notes of barley sugars, light waxes, mineral oils and shoe polish. There’s also custard sweetness, green apple and some slightly farmy hints of cider. With water, the freshness breaks out very strongly. Lots of thick cereal tones, fresh butter, grass, hay and lemon verbena.
Palate: intricate malty sweetness, biscuity richness, lemon barley water, some green herbal teas, bergamot, lemon rind and olive oil. With water, once again it is about freshness, but here it is shows as spearmint, pollens, flower nectars, vase water and grassy rapeseed oil.
Finish: medium and showing once again a soft, slightly dusty waxiness, gently warming peppery tones and soft notes of dried flowers and freshly milled grist.
Daftmill Whisky, when available, can be purchased via our distributor Berry Bros. & Rudd and most good whisky shops.
CONTACT THE DISTILLERY
Please note that this is a working farm, we are not generally open to receive visitors and we have no visitor facilities.
Daftmill Distillery, by Cupar, Fife KY15 5RF