- 2006 Summer Release (UK)
- 2006 Winter Release (UK)
- 2006 Winter Release (Export)
- 2006 Summer Release (USA)
- 2006 Single Cask (Luvians)
- 2006 Single Cask (RMW)
- 2006 Single Cask (Europe)
- 2006 Single Cask (Taiwan)
- 2006 Single Cask (Berry Bros & Rudd)
- 2006 Single Cask 043/2006 (Ralfy X The Good Spirits Co.)
- 2006 Single Cask 035/2006 (The W Club)
- 2006 Single Cask 021/2006 (UK)
- 2006 15 Year Old Cask Strength
- 2009 Single Cask 029/2009 (UK)
- 2009 Single Cask (Berry Bros & Rudd)
- 2009 Single Cask 028/2009 (La Maison du Whisky)
- 2009 Summer Release (UK)
- 2009 Summer Release (Europe)
- 2009 Summer Release (Asia)
- 2009 Single Cask 046/2009 (UK)
- 2009 Single Cask 038/2009 (UK)
- 2009 Single Cask 031/2009 (Luvians @ The Fife Whisky Festival)
- 2009 Single Cask 024/2009 (Germany)
- 2009 Single Cask 040/2009 (Charles Hofer SA, Switzerland)
- 2009 Single Cask 025/2009 (Master of Malt)
Daftmill 2006 Single Cask (Taiwan)
|Title||Daftmill 2006 Single Cask (Taiwan)|
|Age||12 Years Old|
|Cask Type||1st fill Bourbon|
|Number of Bottles||201|
Harvested from the farm’s Dam Park and Curling Pond fields on 31st August 2004, the Chariot barley was among the last to be malted in Fife by Robert Kilgour & Co before they closed.
Nose: The first whiff is estery, with a tiny hint of acetone, then something akin to cold butter and apricot jam on fresh baguette. It shifts into the world of florals: freesia, nemesia, candied rose petal, then elderflower blossom. It seems delicate, but in the background is some subtle vanilla ice cream and lemon zest. Add a little water and it becomes like fragrant sunshine, along with jasmine, pineapple, lemon leaf, pine needles, then daffodil, some camomile and, finally, mixed fragrant herbs (rosemary/oregano).
Palate: A soft, silky start with a chewy mid-palate accompanied by light pricks of fresh ginger, then the sweet floral lift. Precise, with lovely balance; some soft marshmallow, then pink fruits and the heady, herby, floral elements. Gentle, but has real presence. It’s best with water on the side.
Finish: Zingy acidity, then a gentle fade.
Daftmill Whisky, when available, can be purchased via our distributor Berry Bros. & Rudd and most good whisky shops.
CONTACT THE DISTILLERY
Please note that this is a working farm, we are not generally open to receive visitors and we have no visitor facilities.
Daftmill Distillery, by Cupar, Fife KY15 5RF