- 2006 Summer Release (UK)
- 2006 Winter Release (UK)
- 2006 Winter Release (Export)
- 2006 Summer Release (USA)
- 2006 Single Cask (Luvians)
- 2006 Single Cask (RMW)
- 2006 Single Cask (Europe)
- 2006 Single Cask (Taiwan)
- 2006 Single Cask (Berry Bros & Rudd)
- 2006 Single Cask 043/2006 (Ralfy X The Good Spirits Co.)
- 2006 Single Cask 035/2006 (The W Club)
- 2006 Single Cask 021/2006 (UK)
- 2006 15 Year Old Cask Strength
- 2009 Single Cask 029/2009 (UK)
- 2009 Single Cask (Berry Bros & Rudd)
- 2009 Single Cask 028/2009 (La Maison du Whisky)
- 2009 Summer Release (UK)
- 2009 Summer Release (Europe)
- 2009 Summer Release (Asia)
- 2009 Single Cask 046/2009 (UK)
- 2009 Single Cask 038/2009 (UK)
- 2009 Single Cask 031/2009 (Luvians @ The Fife Whisky Festival)
- 2009 Single Cask 024/2009 (Germany)
- 2009 Single Cask 040/2009 (Charles Hofer SA, Switzerland)
- 2009 Single Cask 025/2009 (Master of Malt)
Daftmill 2009 Single Cask 029/2009 (The United Kingdom)
|Title||Daftmill 2009 Single Cask (United Kingdom)|
|Age||11 Years Old|
|Number of Bottles||629|
Stolen from Lincolnimp on Whiskybase
A very rich dark berry/jam note mixed with a little chocolate.
I believe that the nose will be a little better with some water.
After leaving this in the glass for 5 minutes there is an orange chocolate note, hints of ginger, pepper, and then I notice blackcurrant and raspberry jelly.
Toasted bread crusts.
94I took a first sip and it assaulted my mouth with a massive cream not , massive fizz but it was an OMG moment because I get the feeling palyinfg around with water will be fun.
Swilling it round your mouth you get orange, dark berry’s various dark jams but bluberry and damson probably fit the bill here.
The fruit note seems to increase but the wave after wave of spice across your tongue leave ut numb and remind you of the power taht is on show.
Hints of original lucozade (like what was around 40 years ago).
I can honestly say that the initial mouth when it first enters your mouth before you let it wash over your tongue is quite literally superb.
Is there peat in this, I think so but I will ask Francis about that.
Balance is superb, this is on the waxy side.
94The finish neat is massive, my tongue needs a beak, it is still quivering at the massive alcohol and spice.
I love it.
With water, 10 drops from a pippette:-
It has opened up, it seems to have more width than before but the same flavours are there but more orange and hints of cinammon now.
I am reminded of old re fil Balblair now, it has that sort of spice/fruit combo going on but it is fatter on the palate and the water has released even more spice.
Endless and still trying to rip your tongue out but very slowly and very different to the most brutal high strength Islay peaters.
With a further 10 drops from a pippette
stewed oranges ahoy
Still really strong all the flavours are there but just a slight bitter fruit edge now.
Mothfeel still top draw and still waves of fruity spice wash across your tongue
My mouth is numb now but with the addition of more water I think the length of finish is a little shorter but hey I could be wrong about that.
Daftmill Whisky, when available, can be purchased via our distributor Berry Bros. & Rudd and most good whisky shops.
CONTACT THE DISTILLERY
Please note that this is a working farm, we are not generally open to receive visitors and we have no visitor facilities.
Daftmill Distillery, by Cupar, Fife KY15 5RF